Business Development | Corporate Support | Project Management | Others
special projects | project management | talent acquisition
Our mission is to transform international supply chains to be more resilient by helping logistics companies realise the full potential of their data. We cater to both shipping lines and cargo airlines. This covers 90% of the world trade volume that travels via ocean and 35% of world trade value that travels via air.
At Portcast, we are building an award-winning prediction engine with core insights in the global supply chain so that stakeholders can improve their risk management of operations saving them millions of dollars every day on their balance sheet with Machine Learning. Think about building an internal Google Map for Cargo (an experience for freight corridor stakeholders) where every passing, minute, hour, day and month we help them predict how their cargo is moving and how round the clock risks can be mitigated with appropriate JIT predictions using proprietary ML algorithms.
We’re looking for an exceptional People Operations Manager at this stage of the company as we double the team size in the next 6 months. You will work closely with the CEO and leadership team to accelerate Portcast’s team growth and build / implement the key processes and policies to deliver a world-class employee experience. This is a unique opportunity to drive impact at Portcast at an inflection point of growth and scaling the company globally.
The role has the opportunity to grow into a Senior / Head Operations role or Chief of Staff based on the candidate preference and fit.
What to expect:
In this role as People Operations Manager, you will lead initiatives across the company that define how we identify, attract, retain and grow exceptional and diverse talent.
- Lead the talent acquisition agenda, define the hiring strategy and funnel, initial contact for candidates, manage the funnel process and ensure smooth candidate-to-employee experience
- Set up processes for employee support throughout the employee life cycle from onboarding, payroll coordination, work pass applications to offboarding.
- Work closely with our Product, Data Science and Engineering owners to define OKRs and come up with performance management processes
- Support founders in define, nurture and champion the culture, values and missions as we strive to create a world-class work environment
- Own and administer Portcast’s HR systems and processes including maintaining employee records, payslips, etc.
- Develop processes to ensure better cross-functional partnership in line with company business goals, working together with the Chief of Staff and CEO in this regard
- You have a strong understanding of HR fundamentals
- You combine a strategic mindset with a relentless focus on execution
- You are an expert at designing and implementing systems and processes that scale and become 1% better every day
- You’ll do what it takes to get the job done while simultaneously figuring out ways to automate, reduce friction and increase quality
- You are an effective recruiter and you develop talent within your team
- You’re strong at collaboration and communication and build cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the company
- Startup experience in a people function at a growth-stage startup is a major plus.