UI/UX | Project Management
Hardware Product | Technology Product | Project Management | Parts Sourcing | Product Development
Ever wanna take ownership and build something you will be proud of? We at Lumos is looking for a passionate Product Manager. If you are an engineer passionate about product development, we want you on board in our team!
What you can look forward to joining Lumos:
- An attractive remuneration package.
- Designing and building something that will be used by more than a hundred thousand users worldwide.
- Having your work displayed in over 400 Apple stores all around the world.
- Working closely with the upper management, where your voice and ideas are always taken into consideration.
- Casual attire with home office environment.
You are perfect for us if you are:
- A creative thinker and problem solver
- Passionate to make world class products
- An exceptional communicator, a team player, with proven ability to influence others without formal authority high energy
- Strong work discipline, action-oriented, organised, detail-oriented yet able to always see the "big picture"
- Able to work autonomously in a fast-pace start-up environment.
You will play an important role in :
- Take full ownership for the development of a product (either a helmet or other cycling accessory) from concept through production.
- Drive the execution of a product lifecycle processes, including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, and product launch.
- Be the voice for the user to ensure that the products we develop are truly designed around their needs.
- Serve as a bridge between users, internal company stakeholders, and the factory to ensure that we build the best product possible.
- Develop detailed product requirements and spec documents, run product demos and user tests, work closely with our designers, engineers, and manufacturing partners on a day to day basis.
Note that given the very early stage of the company that we are in, a high degree of adaptability is expected and required for this role. We are constantly learning new things and adapting our strategy and activities accordingly. Indeed, we see this as one of our key competitive advantages over the incumbent as it will allow us to try many more things and move much quicker than our competitors.
As such we expect this person to only look at this job description as a guideline. With just a handful of people in our company, we eschew roles and seek people willing and able to ignore job descriptions. Everyone’s job at Lumos is to do anything and everything we can to make it a success and meet our company goals regardless of our “jobs.”
To be successful in this role, you need to have:
- Degree in an engineering, design or related field.
- Familiarity with some CAD software.
- Must be willing to travel extensively (Mainly to Shenzhen, China).
- Must have proficiency in English and Mandarin (written & spoken).
- 1-3 years’ experience with developing electronic products.
Sports and Outdoors
OVERVIEWLumos is the world's first smart bicycle helmet with integrated lights, brake, and turn signals. Launched to the world on Kickstarter in 2015, Lumos raised over $800,000 in its campaign. Lumos is a mission-driven company. Started out of our dorm rooms at Harvard, we seek to make a positive impact on the world by helping make cycling safer, preventing avoidable traffic deaths, and helping more people everywhere make cycling a bigger part of their everyday lives. Join us in our mission to improve cycling safety and have safer streets for all.
Lumos's mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable transportation.
Lumos value qualities, skills, behaviors, attitudes, and attributes of our employees, we hire and promote people who demonstrate these values. By so doing, the intention is to inspire more of those behaviors, and create a self-reinforcing culture.