Project Management | Others
Strong Communication | Strategic Thinking | Organization Skills | Presentation Skills | Problem-Solving | Stakeholder Management | Project Management
Passionate about education? Want to work on meaningful community initiatives? Join our team in the fight against illiteracy and drive change in the education landscape of Malaysia!
The Programme Manager will help empower schools and communities to conduct impactful literacy programs.
We are looking for an independent, proactive individual who will manage and facilitate literacy programmes with teachers and students. The ideal candidate will be capable of managing projects confidently and communicating effectively to multiple stakeholders. This candidate should be comfortable with analysis and problem-solving in a dynamic environment. Additionally, this candidate should have good organisational skills and an impact-oriented mindset.
[MORE ABOUT US]
MYReaders is a pioneering Malaysian-grown start-up that aims to eradicate illiteracy amongst children. Founded in 2015 by a group of teachers in the Teach For Malaysia program, it has grown to become a self-sustaining non-profit initiative. MYReaders aims to help the many illiterate students in Malaysia and around the region learn to read using a structured, research-based programme. We work to empower teachers, parents and on-the-ground movers through providing training, toolkits and support to build sustainable literacy programs in their communities. In 2017, we impacted over 1300 children in 28 schools and 7 community centres.
- Manage and support literacy programmes in schools/communities
- Assist with running literacy diagnostics with partner schools/communities
- Conduct school/community visits
- Partner closely with stakeholders to identify opportunities and address obstacles
- Measure outcomes and impact of programmes
- Work closely with the management team to craft program strategy
- Bachelor's Degree/Postgraduate Diploma/Professional Degree in any field
- Proficient in English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Minimum 2 years working experience in education or project management