We're rapidly scaling our venture and innovation initiatives across Asia, and we need a programme manager who will be able to strategically deliver on the impactful programmes that we have planned. This role is one of limitless possibilities, where you're welcome to think and operate like an entrepreneur and play an active role in creating impact across all the things we do. If you live and breathe startups, innovation, venture capital, and technology, and love to operate in a role where your efforts can create an impact in these circles, then read on to find out more.
The programme manager's (PM) role would focus on the strategy and execution of StartupX's innovation programmes and initiatives. PMs would be responsible for delivering strategic success to our programmes, from conceptualisation, to planning, operations and execution.
Experience with project management, stakeholder management and operations is required and key to succeeding in this role. While experience in the early-stage startup or innovation ecosystem is preferred, it is not required. You will have the chance to work on a wide range of programmes and have a high level of empowerment to achieve results.
How to Apply
To indicate your interest in this job opening, please fill up the following form: https://forms.gle/pacUTAgVAU1iE23x9
We will get back to you as soon as possible! Kindly note that only applications sent through the forms will be considered.
Managing programmes end-to-end has many aspects and not all can be listed, but to give a rough idea of the role, here are some of the things that you will do:
- Collaborate with partners to understand their objectives and goals to conceptualise programmes
- Work with Programme Director to develop programme plan and own the overall responsibility of the execution
- Deliver best possible experience to the startups or participants of our programmes
- Assist with the sourcing of startups
- Recruit, hire and manage associates and interns
- Support ongoing tracking of startup collaboration with partners
We don't care so much about formal education, although we acknowledge it might be a good signal towards your abilities. To succeed in this role, here are some of the qualities or skills we think you should have:
- At least 4 years of experience in fast-paced environments with project management, stakeholder management and business operations
- Familiar with startups and innovation programmes (Accelerators and Hackathons)
- Effective communicator and able to collaborate effectively in verbal or written mediums
- Able to build relationships with partners and represent StartupX in the ecosystem
- Work with founders and startups to drive results and KPIs
- Focus on operational improvements and efficiency
- Strong interest and affinity to technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, innovation and sustainability.
- Able to learn quickly and operate independently
Services - Other
StartupX is an innovation, venture and startup enabler. We partner with leading corporations to collaborate with startups, run global programmes to help companies grow, build vibrant communities to support the next generation of founders and help local governments build and develop thriving ecosystems. Our initiatives are supported by a select group of over 250 mentors, investors, founders and corporate leaders across Southeast Asia and beyond. Based in Singapore, we work with companies from all over the world with the goal to drive impactful innovation on a global scale.
We are passionately curious about how the world and its people will live, play and work in the coming decades, and how technology and innovation will help shape some of these behaviours. We are mindful of the pressing challenges we face as a global population and strive to work with fellow innovators and conscious organisations to push for a better, more sustainable, and data-driven world.
Innovation means something different to everyone. Some people may have budding ideas that are ready to take flight, while others are looking to break new frontiers in their innovation journey. But what we know is this, we all need to keep moving forward if we want to innovate, and we need great people and talent to join us on this journey.
If you have great ambition, a willingness to learn and try, and then try some more, an appetite for challenges and a spirit for tackling problems head-on, you might be just the person we're looking for.
Ready to take the first step, and be part of a team that's reimagining a new future? We welcome you to join us and navigate this uncharted territory together.