Project Management | Business Consulting | PMO | Cantonese | Insurance | PMO Insurance
Project Manager & Business Consultant (Cantonese Speaking)
Experience Level : 8+years
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: KL, Malaysia
Project Manager / Business Consultant with 8-10 years of experience
Would be responsible for designing and managing Business-IT Solutions systems and in responding to RFC/RFP’s as needed. Project management responsibilities include managing and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope with strong stakeholder management. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
Project Manager :
● Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
● Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
● Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
● Ensure resource availability and allocation
● Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
● Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
● Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
● Report and escalate to management as needed
● Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
● Perform risk management to minimize project risks
● Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
● Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
● Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
● Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
● Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
● Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members.
● Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
(Business Consultant) :
● Responsible for delivering outstanding deliverables. The candidate need to be able to Wow the customer!
● Help customer to make the right decisions by consulting with industry experience and best practices knowledge.
● Be able to design re-engineered and improved process flows and user interface wireframes during user workshops.
● Ensure delivered software is as per business and functional requirements as stated by the client. To be able to prepare appropriate documentations and presentations to capture requirements.
● Learn and use software products used in the projects and be able to define best-of-breed solutions around them.
● Provide Training to partners, vendors or clients during specific phases of the projects, as required.
● Be able to guide customers for their benefit realization management.
● Collaborate extensively with the organization ecosystem to develop validated solutions and share with internal stakeholders and clients as appropriate.
● Provide domain leadership and consultancy on domain specific solutions in pre-sales support
● Seek and participate in solution opportunities by defining scope and project sizing.
Mandatory skills / knowledge:
● Be able to work effectively in a multi-party solution delivery team including partners, vendors, clients and internal teams.
● Ability to work with the Sales / Pre-Sales / technology team to respond to RFCs / RFPs and design and deliver enterprise IT solutions.
● Extensive knowledge in one or more Life Insurance Core Systems like Integral or Life Asia or eBaoLI
● Effectively completed 1 or more large Business Process Improvement initiative using a BPM / workflow (not limited to IBM BPM, IBM Case Manager, or Oracle BPM) and/or ECM (enterprise content management / document management system) software (not limited to IBM Content Manager, IBM CM400, IBM FileNet, Documentum, or Open Text).
● Experience in managing requirements for Digital initiatives, such as development of Portal, Web application and Mobile App etc.
● Experience and knowledge of various types SDLC (not restricted to Agile, V-Model and Waterfall) and requirement gathering methodologies
● Strong problem solving, communication and time management skills. Expertise in BPM AS-IS to TO-BE Process Redesign and/or Document Capture with Document Management Solutions.
● Insurance lines of business: Strong domain knowledge in one or more of the following areas – Individual Life Insurance Business, Reinsurance - Processes and Systems. Knowledge of Back Office Operations like New Business, Underwriting, Policy Issuance, Policy Servicing – Minor / Major Alterations, Claims Management etc
Preferred skills and knowledge:
● Solutions development and delivery experience in these domains, including:
o Knowledge of key software applications / Core Systems in the Insurance space.
o Project management and implementation experience in Insurance solutions.
o Organizing successful product development programs.
o Certifications in Project Management, Business Analysis, or Insurance.
o Conceptual knowledge of various Integration approaches – Backend integration with SOA, Web services, Messaging Based, Business Objects and Frontend Integration
o Cantonese speaking is mandatory as this job deals with Hong Kong counterparts.