3000 - 8000 SGD
cognition | psychology | research
Come join Reality Detector (Seer) – a deep-tech startup seed funded by Tim Draper and Draper Associates which is creating AI-powered deception and emotion detection technology to “reveal incongruent words and actions at a glance”. Our purpose is to create a more discerning, trustworthy and prosperous world. Our vision is to augment human understanding through technology and mission is to build a deception indicator and convince skeptics. To achieve this, we are i) augmenting and commercializing accurate behavioral science with rule-based AI and ii) automating novel automated deep-learning. Our initial product market fit is in creating cutting-edge biometrics to enhance travel across borders and protect innocents from harmful lies. The Psychologist / Neuroscientist will be working in a small team including data scientists and computer scientists to develop our data labelling tool, better polygraph and trade secret algorithms. There are also opportunities to collaborate with leading experimenters from Institutes of Higher Learning and the security/defense sectors.
● Build strategic partnerships with HCI, human factors and psychology labs.
● Design mock crime experiments that are as ecological valid as possible.
● Discover new deception cues and figure out which ones are most significant.
● Prepare applications for IHL IRBs and research papers for publications.
● Serve as an expert focal user in the design of our deception detection tools.
● Research and development in cutting edge topics such as interoception and the latest tools. and techniques in neuroscience and experimental psychology.
● Graduate degree in psychology and neuroscience, especially cognition.
● Experimental experience in mock crimes, micro-expressions and deception cues.
● Credibility Assessment in high stakes situations for the defense/security sectors.
● Trained in Method acting or Stanislavski's system or a natural “Truth Wizard”.
● Share in our purpose to create a world where all people can access undistorted reality and accurately place their trust in others, restoring authenticity, realism and credibility in human interactions.
● Have a growth mindset, be conscientious and be willing to set stretch goals for yourself.
● Be open to new ideas and feedback from others and believability-weighted decision making.