leadership | business development | sales
The role is primarily responsible for generating revenue by identifying new leads, prospecting and closing sales of new business opportunities for Arcadier. This is a key revenue leadership role and will be responsible for driving measurable revenue opportunities and brand preference of Arcadier and its product offering through to our prioritized markets and industries.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
● Develop growth strategies and plans to grow client base for his or her assigned markets or customer segments.
● Identify and engage new enterprise business opportunities to expand the Arcadier Enterprise customer base, develop new customer relationships, and meet sales targets.
● Develop a pipeline of opportunities and driving them to closure, through responding to RFPs, customer quote requests, and preparing business cases.
● Understand customers’ requirements and position the Arcadier solution well to service the customer correctly.
● Drive solution requirement efforts that best address customer needs by coordinating and facilitating the participation of cross-functional teams (including, product, support and development partner resources) leading to successful sales closure.
● Stay updated on industry knowledge, market conditions and competitors'' products and pricing.
● Present at conference and exhibitions that Arcadier participates in to gain business development leads and raise Arcadier’s brand awareness in the industry.
● Write and present Business Development presentations, proposals and pitch documents.
● Coordinate with internal personnel (Product, Marketing, Finance and Development) to ensure that customer operational & commercial outcomes are fulfilled.
● Share relevant feedback from Enterprise customers to support the continuous improvement of customer service and solution enhancement.
● Support all Arcadier’s business opportunities globally (which may require occasional night conference calls and travel).
● Establish good rapport and relationship with our Development/Expert Partners ensuring they are up to speed with Arcadier’s Development Platforms.
● Ensure successful deliver of Enterprise Customer’s project, project management and liaise on billings and invoicing where required by Finance for support.
● Secure and engage strong resellers/distributors of our Enterprise segment including strategy consulting houses, digital software houses and other SaaS organisations.
Management Duties & Responsibilities
● Build & lead a team of sales reps in the region.
● Responsible for the team's targets and development.
● Reports to the Chief Commercial Officer.
1. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum 7 - 10 years of work & leadership experience in Internet, SaaS and eCommerce Business or similar businesses, preferably with a focus on sales, business development or marketing functions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Finance or Marketing discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
● Strong interpersonal/ communication skills – speaking to senior or C-level executives.
● Excellent presentation and communication skills at all levels – both internally and externally.
● The ability to build strong internal relationships, and influence stakeholders of different functions and levels.
● Competent in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), Salesforce a plus.
● Proven track record showing management of sales cycle and closing of big complex projects.
● Proven Track Record of new business sales.
● Competency and experience in high value, complex, consultative SaaS sales
● Self-motivated, self-starter and highly persistent in follow-up.
● Experience in navigating past gatekeepers to connect with key influencers & decision makers.
● Be motivated, self-driven and possess excellent negotiating skills.
● Consistent ability to meet deadlines.
● Ability to understand and apply commercial acumen.
● Ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate in simple messages.
● Accustomed to working in a multi-located & multi-cultural environment.
● Ability to multitask efficiently ensure all areas of a project roll-out is on time.
● Willingness to travel and do night conference calls where required.
● The attitude to win collaboratively, be a willing team player; it’s a tech start-up environment after all.
● Sales team leadership experience.
● Strong fluency in English with Chinese as a plus.
● Ability to work in Singapore without employment pass is a must, i.e., Singapore Citizen or PR.
2. CONTACTS (KEY RELATIONSHIPS)
Internal Key Relationships
Focus with (but not limited to): Arcadier Management Team, Business Development Team, Product Manager, Marketing Manager, Pre-sales Engineers, Customer Services Manager, Account Management Manager, and Development Leads
External Key Relationships
Arcadier’ s customers, prospective customers, Development/Expert Partners, industry or professional associations, research analysts, digital or eCommerce consultancy firms, and trade show organisers
Number of employees supervised: Direct TBD; Indirect TBD
Business To Business
50 - 99
Arcadier is a multi-award winning cool technology start-up company which recently won the Emerging Enterprise Awards 2016 and the Best Innovative Start-up (Early Stage) 2016 awards, Millennial 20-20 Commerce Enabler Awards 2017.
Headquartered in Singapore, Arcadier has offices in Sydney, Manila with a team of 30 employees, Arcadier is the first organisation in the world to provide a DIY off-the-shelve marketplace technology that would enable anyone with a marketplace idea be able to build one within minutes, no coding needed and no developers needed.
To create connected communities where people discover, learn, trust and trade easily.
We’re often exposed to great business ideas from local and global customers. Whether you are an aspiring entrepreneur or an established brand who wants to improve lives and economies around you, we go above and beyond in creating our marketplace software to deliver satisfaction to our partners.
We dare to venture deep into the digital world and create something that’s going to shake the status quo on the internet. Looking at the supply and demand in the market, we are constantly pushing boundaries in what we do to support the collaborative economy.
At Arcadier, we often ask ourselves, “How could it be done better?” We’re doing everything we can to make sure we reach a solution. Along the way we’re doing our best to have fun, and to learn a few things too. We look forward to walking alongside you as a member of our community, and in building a successful marketplace to change the world together.
What we value
Working at Arcadier is more than just receiving paychecks and enjoying awesome perks. It’s about shaping the world for the better. Create opportunities for millions of women and men around the world, improve local economies, inspire artists, and bring communities together.
Who we’re looking for
At Arcadier, our focus is to empower entrepreneurs, communities, and companies all around the globe. We are a passionate team working to turn ideas into reality, and we do it well. We’re looking for someone to take their creativity to the next level and create something that can make a difference.