Full-stack Developer | Front-End Developers | Back-End Developers
React js | Ruby on Rails | Express.js | Node.js | Django
We are looking for a full stack developer to produce scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As a full stack developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
If you’re also familiar with Agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you.
- Have a strong understanding of business to be able to make appropriate technical decisions
- Influence our technology platform for the better and have views on how it can help grow the community better
- Be able to work with cross-functional teams to define, design and develop new features
- Work with cross-functional team members to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across a variety of core business areas.
- Delegate effectively and build trust with the junior technical team members, while balancing time to code
- Help to guide internal junior developers to improve as well as ensuring code quality and best practices are met across the board
- Monitor technical excellence by the team and ensure discipline and constant improvement by reviewing code, inspecting designs, providing feedback and more
- Help build and nurture the tech team as well as ensuring they are focused on the task at hand
- Build a sharing knowledge culture across the team
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Constantly looking for ways to increase team’s productivity and velocity
- Build and maintain positive team morale
- Accurate time reporting and resource management of the team
- Be a good role model to the team
- Take part in collaborative learning with other development team members such as sharing sessions, paired programming and code reviews
- Continuously develop and improve performance to move up positions based on performance review
- Contribute to team discussions and ideas
- Able to have effective time management and prioritization to ensure items are delivered on time
- Able to be a self-starter, and take initiative, along with have the capabilities of working in a fast paced environment
- Work with React.js based Progressive Web App/Ruby on Rails/Express.js (Node.js)/Django(Python) as well as explore other potential technologies when needed (prior work experience in one of these is required)
- Design robust, scalable and secure features
- Hold a clear vision of overall architecture, be able to review it at relevant stages to ultimately ensure robust architecture, scalability, performance, usability and more
- Lead the architecture of new features as well as address security, stability, scaling issues and refactor old code to address these issues
- Work to manage the technical risks and debt, and help build a delivery plan
- Ensure that we are able to scale our platform, driving improvements in routing, internal algorithms and matching
- Follow best practices (automated testing, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring, code standards)
- Collaborating on user experience planning with the FutureLab team
- Integrate user-facing elements designed by UI/UX Designer to the platform
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Nurture and enforce best and appropriate technical practices
- Push for automation or efficient methods and tools to achieve technical excellence
- Consult experts when necessary
- Develop, maintain and enhance technical documentation
- Research, design, implement and validate algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Execute rapid testing and experimenting for user experience and overall funnel optimization
- Work with the current tech platforms as well as explore other potential technologies when needed
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design and overall architecture
- Country specific payments
- Data analytics dashboard and CRM (email notifications) infrastructure and tools
- FutureLab alumni features
- Development and maintenance of launch site
- Produce new and creative analytic solutions that will become part of FutureLab’s core deliverables.
- Social media
- Any required marketing apps or other development effort needed
- Project management
- Primary point of contact for during development (UI/UX improvements of Futurelab.my)
- Data architecture
- Ongoing solutioning and architecture
- Architect and implement externally-facing APIs for third-party integration
- Expansion of payment capabilities
- Development of addition features e.g. alumni management tool
- Ongoing data analytics, enterprise data warehouse/business intelligence and CRM
Services - Other
5 - 9
FutureLab is where students, aspiring entrepreneurs and young professionals can connect to industry mentors around the world to gain informal guidance and direction to reach their personal and professional goals through our platform.
FutureLab is an ed-tech startup that aims to bridge the knowledge gap between education and the future workforce through our digital platform
Having a Growth Mindset: We believe that life gives you lessons, as long as you are open to receiving them. We aim to create a community where people are motivated to share and learn from each other. When you practice continuous learning, you will inevitably be teaching yourself to stay ahead and stay on top!
Creating Your Own Reality: We want to create an environment where people are empowered to approach others to get the answers they need to make informed decisions about their career. We would like to take away the overwhelming feeling of helplessness that many associates with finding a job. Our goal is not just to help you find a job, but to give you the right tools you need to build a career that you love!
Adding Value to Society: We believe that experience equals knowledge and everyone’s experience is worth sharing. We encourage people to practice open-source information sharing because you never know who your experience may help, you never know who your story may inspire. More than just sharing information, FutureLab also creates a safe environment for people to come together to attain career insights and information that could help shape your future!
If you're looking to push your limits and learn in a safe environment, FutureLab is the place for you. We have a casual dress code and our own playlist that you can add your favorite songs to. We provide EPF & Socso contribution to all our full time employees.