Inventory | Purchasing
Senior Procurement Executive
dahmakan is one of the fastest-growing food tech startups in Southeast Asia. We make food delivery an everyday choice by delivering chef-made meals below restaurant prices at the push of a button. Funded by Y Combinator and leading tech investors from Silicon Valley, Europe and Asia, we’re conquering a trillion-dollar market in the most exciting region of the world.
Why you need to join our team:
- Stock options in the next billion-dollar technology company in Southeast Asia
- Work with the smartest and most passionate from over 15 nationalities
- Rare opportunity to build a product that everyone around you loves, in one of the most exciting and fastest-growing regions in the world
- All the perks that come with working in a startup, including free lunch and dinner made by our in-house 5-star chefs. Of course, we cover work permits and pay competitively
- The role is based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia with travel opportunities across SE Asia.
- Performing procurement activities (direct & indirect) and its related activities while meeting cost, schedule and quality requirements
- Ensuring cost-effective products and services are provided to the business with consistent quality
- Weekly compilation of discrepancies in purchases, purchase orders and invoices
- Preparing cost compilations on a weekly basis
- Periodically reviewing the supplier base to increase efficiencies
- Developing and maintaining strategic supplier relationships and managing contracts and contractual relationships
- Planning, managing and execution o tender processes and contract negotiations
- Ensuring all internal and external correspondence is done as per the company requirements.
- Analysing inventory demand volumes and inventory trends to make forecasts to minimise wastages or surplusses.
- Working closely with chefs in the creation of new menus items.
- Assisting the implementation and enhancement of procurement policies and procedures.
- Planning and execution of vendor audits periodically
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Management from time to time.
- A candidate with least a Bachelor Degree in a business-related field.
- Experienced with at least three years in a procurement role within FOOD manufacturing/production environment.
- A good communicator and negotiator.
- Meticulous, detailed, well-organised excellent interpersonal skills.
- Resourceful and self-driven.
- Proactive and have a good working attitude, with the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Proficient in MS Office Application (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).
- Able to speak and write in English and Bahasa Melayu. (Mandarin is an added advantage).
- Able to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given.