4000 - 6000 SGD
UI/UX | Full-stack Developer | Front-End Developers | Back-End Developers | System Software Analyst
RabbitMQ | Neo4j | Redis | MongoDB | ExpressJS | ReactJS
If you are a Web Frontend Engineer, you will:
- Work closely with our product manager, designers & backend software engineers to bring our product prototypes/mocks into beautiful, user friendly UI of our web apps.
A good candidate will have some or all of the following:
- Well versed in web development fundamentals, such as
o client side performance optimization
o responsive web design
o adding touch support
- Experience in React/Redux
- Familiar with modern front end work flow and tooling, such as
o package management: npm, bower etc
o taskrunners: gulpjs, brunch etc
o bundlers: webpack, browserify etc
o others: postcss, browsersync etc
- Experience in working with UX designers to identify components and their specifications
- Attention to detail and demonstrable design and UX sensibilities
If you are a Full Stack / Backend Engineer, you will:
- Build and deploy RESTful APIs and microservices to support mobile/web/desk clients in linux environment (Ubuntu)
- Process automation • Modelling for databases/other storage
- Participate in architectural decisions
- Maintain/setup AWS and other services
Our tech stack:
Tenopy is recruiting a Senior Software Engineer with an interest in disrupting the education landscape in Singapore. As a member of our close-knit team, you will be entrusted with helping to shape and scale the leading live online tutoring platform in Singapore.
what we are looking for:
- Expertise in working with Node.JS as a backend engineer
- Proficient in setting monitoring tools and crisis management for recovery
- Ability in data modelling for databases (NoSQL such as mongoDB, RDMS such as MySQL, graph database such as Neo4j)
- Experience in caching layer & MQs such as Redis, memcache, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Able to understand requirements beyond the written word
5 - 9
Tenopy (www.tenopy.co) is a VC-funded education tech company based in Singapore. Our vision is to innovate top quality learning experiences and enable a large number of students to be educated well.
Tenopy currently provides live-streaming online tutoring classes for students of age between 8 and 14 in English, Mathematics & Science. Students are able to log in from their home to online classrooms, where our tutors teach and interact with students in live-streaming video in both small and larger group class sizes. The student enjoys a complete learning experience after class with homework grading, additional tutor Q&A and learning reports.
Tenopy, we develop in-house the academic curriculum, teaching delivery methodology, technology platform and data analytics to provide the most engaging and effective live online class experience. We have thus made top quality education happen online, and within 18 months, 1500 students in Singapore have enjoyed convenient access to top quality tutoring with significant cost savings.
We are a team of full-time educators, software engineers, business and operations people who are continuously innovating to help kids and students learn in the best ways. We are also advised by established education leaders, pedagogy thought leaders, and veteran curriculum writers / teachers.
Making good teaching accessible to many students
The Tenopy team came together to pursue this vision. We are a team of dedicated educators, content writers, designers, software engineers and data analysts working together to make learning and achieving results an engaging process. After many student learning trials and borrowing the best from overseas, we have now developed an online platform for good tutors to now teach online live in an interactive way. By doing this at scale for more students, we are able to make good tutoring a lot more cost effective and a fun experience at the same time.