1800 - 2300 SGD
good organization | data management | good communication
Saturday Kids is an impact-driven digital literacy school on a mission to inspire kids to use technology to create a better future for themselves and for others. At Saturday Kids, students don't just learn to code. They code to learn. We bring out the curiosity in kids, encourage them to look at problems and think "I can figure this out myself".
Since 2012, we have worked with large corporate partners like Google, Aviva and LEGO to bring our programmes into schools and the community, as well as run holiday camps and weekly classes at our Saturday Kids locations throughout Singapore. And in 2019, we set up our first international office in Tokyo, Japan.
A registered social enterprise with raiSE, we also runCode in the Community, Singapore's largest free coding programme for disadvantaged kids.
Since 2018, we’ve been managing Code in the Community, a sponsored community initiative to bring free coding classes to underprivileged kids in Singapore. We’ve impacted close to 3000 kids till date with classes in Scratch (8-12 year olds) and Python (13-16 year olds).
Scope of Work
- Embody and advocate the mission of Saturday Kids and Code in the Community
- Work closely with partners to deliver Code in the Community programmes to their beneficiaries
- Assist with the planning and coordination of classes
- Ensure smooth operation of classes which includes tending to customer queries and managing operational issues on the spot
- Student database management
- Assist on-site during lessons and other ad-hoc programmes
- Assist in the development, enhancement and execution of operational processes to provide more efficient administrative and logistic support for the programme
We are looking for our next superstar Social Impact Executive to support the Code in the Community programme. If you’re someone reliable, organized with a passion to positively impact underserved communities, you might be just who we need!
- Interest in social impact work and working with kids!
- Possess experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and effectively to completion
- Experience working in cross-functional teams and collaborating with external partners
- Able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- High organizational and analytical ability; must be comfortable with managing and working with large databases
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and G Suite
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to adapt and learn on the job
What if kids are intrinsically motivated to learn?
At Saturday Kids students donât just learn to code. They code to learn.
We cannot teach kids everything. What we can do is bring out the curiosity in kids, encourage them to look at problems and think âI can figure this out myselfâ.
Saturday kids learn how to learn.
Since 2012, we have taught over 5,000 students how to learn through classes in programming, electronics, digital art and design thinking.
Our mission is to use digital literacy classes to transform kids into self-motivated learners who are curious, inventive and resourceful.
Why Join Saturday Kids
We asked the team to come up with 3 words why they like (ahem, love) working at Saturday Kids
Weâre excited to join kids in their journeys as curious, inventive, resourceful changemakers who love to learn. So a bit more about our team...
We care a lot
We play a lot
We learn a lot
We get inspired
We work hard
We try (a lot of) stuff out. It doesnât always work. We keep trying.
At Saturday Kids weâre a bunch of big kids with big dreams, doing our bit to make a difference. We design awesome experiences that shift kidsâ mindsets.