Agile | Azure | AWS | Ruby | Go | PHP | Python
A line of code can be many things – an amazing feature, a beautiful UI, a transformative algorithm. The faster this line of code reaches our visitors, the sooner it impacts their shopping experience. As a Software Engineer, Engineering Productivity, you will be at the heart of iPrice’s engineering process building software that empowers engineering teams to develop and deliver high quality products quickly. We are focused on solving interesting challenges of developing software at scale without sacrificing stability, quality, velocity or code health.
We ensure iPrice's success by partnering with engineering teams, researching and developing scalable tools and infrastructure that help engineers develop, test, debug and release software quickly. We maximise value delivery by increasing the pace of product development and ensuring our products are thoroughly tested. We are advocates for code health, testability, maintainability and best practices for development and testing.
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity.
- Design and establish advanced automated build, test, and release infrastructure.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Analyse and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for testability.
- Provide analytics to measure the efficacy of our testing efforts, build velocity and the overall health of our code.
- Experiment with changes to increase productivity.
- Work closely with our QA Engineers to design and build advanced automated testing frameworks.
- A Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related subject.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in improving developer velocity, code quality and code health.
- Professional experience using Python, PHP, Go, or Ruby.
- Strong familiarity with deployment automation/configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible, Puppet, or Terraform.
- Possess experience with cloud environments – AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Have extensive experience in industry-standard CI tools like Teamcity, GitLab CI, Jenkins, Bamboo, or Circle CI for example.
- Experienced with test automation frameworks for both front-end and back-end testing.
- Experienced with setting up big data testing platforms.
- Have experience with logging and telemetry services.
- Solid knowledge of continuous integration, continuous delivery, automated testing and all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience of working in an agile and multi-cultural environment across many SCRUM teams at the same time.
- A Kaizen mindset and spirit of continuous improvement on a personal level and always up to date with the latest technology trends professionally.
- Ability to debug, optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.