• Excellent organisational skills
The Subtitle QC Editor will spot, simulate, transcribe, and proof all types of media-related content for any/all of the following mediums: DVD, broadcast, theatrical, streaming media, dubbing, gaming and corporate projects. Work will primarily involve the subtitling medium, in addition to working with text, website, menu, and other mediums.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform QC for subtitling and dubbing projects
- Validate the accuracy of Bahasa Malaysia translations
- Conduct 2nd pass QC for new in-house editor during training
- Update protocol file
- Verify QA reports or client rejections, follow-up with in-house QC editors and AE
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in translation or related discipline
- 3 years working experience in language field preferred
- Strong grammar and aural skills, with ability to accurately transcribe spoken dialogue of a vast array of content
- Fast learner who is comfortable with technology
- Able to work independently and efficiently under time constraints
- Interested in diverse media, such as movies, TV drama and documentaries
Must be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to work in a PC-based, detail-oriented and time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to follow guidelines, to identify exceptions and to have the resourcefulness to handle them is a necessity.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines under pressure
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Ability to be an excellent team player
- Excellent organisational skills