2800 - 4100 SGD
System Software Analyst
We’re looking for an outstanding Field Service Engineer to join our team in Singapore. You’ll be responsible for providing onsite system diagnostic and analytical support to customers within a geographic territory, or assigned to a specific project, supporting the customer per the terms of the SLA (Service Level Agreement) and our standard with SmartRetail. In particular, the FSE responds to customers’ systems failures by way of computer hardware service, testing, diagnostic analysis, and systems analysis of hardware, computer networks, software, and system configurations. An FSE must be available to respond to customer issues 24/7 and service all equipment regardless of product training within the designated service area. They also must have a thorough and broad knowledge of system configuration and equipment compatibility requirements and limitations across various SmartRetail product lines.
You'll work with entrepreneurial innovators.
This is a very unique opportunity for someone who is seeking to make a big impact on a rapidly growing retail technology product. We’re a creative, dynamic and fast-moving team that’s passionate about building the future of retail experience. If you are driven by ownership and impact, we’d love to hear from you!
- Provides onsite technical customer support
- Ensures timely, professional, and effective response to customer service needs to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Must be able to be scheduled for work on shifts occurring at any time of day
- Provides effective problem analysis and identification remotely before arrival at customer site; determines needed parts and documentation to minimize downtime and multiple trips
- Performs service in a cost effective manner
- Displays professional attitude and courtesy while on site
- Maintains effective communication with customer and our customer support center during repair process and any projected delay
- Analyzes software and hardware error logs, utilizes diagnostic and troubleshooting techniques and operating system analysis to ensure timely and effective repair
- Analyzes, diagnoses, troubleshoots and repairs hardware, computer network, software and systems configuration and compatibility problems
- Utilizes multiple tools for remote system connection to perform remote diagnosis, repair or configuration changes
- Follows customer specific repair procedures
- Assesses current and future customer needs based on usage of the system
- Determines needed parts and quantities based on contracts in service area
- Attends and participates in regularly scheduled team meetings
- Successful Prior Field experience
- Solid technical aptitude
- Ability to work long and/or unusual hours while maintaining effectiveness.
- Demonstrated experience providing Customer Service (may be internal to organization) and ability to put the Customer Needs first
- Must be able to assume an on-call status position and respond based on service level agreements within assigned territory
- Must be able to maintain regular working hours assigned, if site specific assignment
- Bachelor's degree in related field (Computer Science, Engineering) or equivalent experience preferred
- Fluent in English
- Bonus: Linux knowledge
- Bonus: Scripting and/or coding experience