Design | UI/UX
Teamwork and communication skills. | User research and personas. | Style guides. | Wireframing and prototyping. | Branding, typography and color theory. | Interaction design principles.
UI design professionals are responsible for creating, designing, and organizing interactive elements, for all the screens through which a user will move while using a website or an app.
- Improve the look and feel of interactive computers and product software.
- Create overall concepts for the user experience within a business webpage or product, ensuring all interactions are intuitive and easy for customers.
- Analyze customer responses and website data to determine high traffic web pages and why some perform better than others.
- Design the aesthetics to be implemented within a website or product, from the layout menus and drop-down options to colors and fonts.
- Build storyboards to conceptualize designs and convey project plans to clients and management.
- Creating a clickable prototype of the user journey, and overall visual design is set.
- Create proposals to pitch projects with Creative/Art Directors.
- Create simple animation or infographics to aid communication on a website.
- Account for and track the human-computer interaction (HCI) element of a design.
- Create surveys for research through various social media platforms to gather feedback on user's ease of use.
- Conduct testing of completed applications, websites and software to assess users.
- Diploma/Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field.
- At least 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UI design.
- Proficient with visual design programs such as Figma, Creative Suite, specifically XD, After effect, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing interfaces.
- Experience creating storyboards and site mapping.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to optimize data for the best possible outcome.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple milestones and projects efficiently.
- Professional written and interpersonal skills.