Analytics | Corporate Support | Others
digitization | automotive | scouting | research
Background: Yushan Ventures, Ltd. is a technology strategy and investment firm operating in U.S.A., Taiwan, and Germany. Our investment thesis focuses on startup companies which have fundamental technologies that connect every participant in the transportation ecosystem digitally. These startups’ USPs are related to disruptive business models or new technologies. Our clients include Audi, Porsche, and Siemens.
The Position: The candidate will conduct global research on deep tech startups, research institutes, and corporate innovation labs for new technologies and ideas in various fields, such as VR/AI, decarbonization, robotics, data monetization, etc., that will fit emerging megatrends and digital business models for the transportation industry.
· Scout for, research and interview new startups to evaluate their technology, product market fit and Unique Selling Point (USP)
· Synergy analysis among those startups and different industries/companies
· Potentially coming up with new product concepts or business models to enhance our clients' products or top-line
· Optimizing Yushan's startup database, maintaining an overview of innovation trends
· Building relationships with VCs, research institutes, media and entrepreneurs
· Plan and host an executive investor roadshow & Demo Day
· Engineering / cross-functional product development background
· Understanding of the automotive ecosystem incl. OEMs, and TIER 1/2
· Previous VC/Startup/Accelerator experience preferred
· Passionate about startups and has a solid understanding of the technology industry
· Creative in terms of formulating new business models
· Able to handle large sets of data records
· Great team player, but also able to work on projects autonomously
· Ambitious, highly motivated, and super keen to learn fast
· Fluent in Chinese & English, excellent copywriter
Yushan Ventures is a technology investment and advisory firm with strong ties to startup ecosystems, corporations and governments in Europe and Asia (namely in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Greater China, Japan, and SE Asia).