First Code Academy is empowering Asiaâs next generation to become creators of technology by teaching kids age 4 to 18 about programming, design and entrepreneurship. Since 2013, we have taught thousands of students in various Asian cities and are continuing to expand our global presence.
First Code Academy is empowering Asiaâs next generation to become creators of technology by teaching kids age 6 to 18 about programming, design and entrepreneurship. Since 2013, we have taught thousands of students in various Asian cities and are continuing to expand our global presence.
Done is Better Than Perfect
Creative and with a bias towards action, we embrace ambiguity and are motivated to explore new ways to do things, better.
A Beginner's Mindset
All in our team learn to code, and we live and breath the spirit of learning and self improvement. Through our e-book & Kindle program, everyone reads for free, share articles and books frequently on Slack.
Stay Lean, Stay Humble
We take "get your hands dirty" seriously. Everyone takes out the trash, fixes broken photo frames and takes turn at the reception. Once, we took turns painting our white board walls as a team ahead of our busy Summer camp season, what a fun workout!
We believe that it takes a team to build something big; if you have a love for technology and want to make a meaningful impact in next generationâs education, join us now!
- Join the rocket ship: It's still early days, join us to educate the next generation of creators!
- Make a difference in our next generation: At the intersection of education and technology, we are building something that empowers young minds.
- Access to a wide community: Regular dialog and open communication with local and Silicon Valley based advisors, mentors and investors.
- Be a part of a compassionate, driven team that treats you like family and emphasizes open communication.
- Be part of the fun - our Summer 2016 video :) https://youtu.be/6PJUnLfQffg
- Monthly learning and gym reimbursement and plenty of team activities and lunches
- Participate in our CSR initiatives such as the Google CS First program, where we link up with local community and teach underprivileged or ethnic minority kids coding.
- Join our monthly TGIFCS (Thank God Itâs First Code Saturday) and mingle with our friends in the coding education community.
- Get involved in large scale events such as AppJamming Summit (http://appjammingsummit.org/), a regional app competition for kids from age 8 to 16 to showcase their app creation. We host Semi-Finals in Hong Kong and Singapore and a Final in Hong Kong with students joining us from all over Asia.
- Take part in our Ninjas Coding Series where we get together and talk about coding and work on exercises to brush up our coding skills.