Others | Project Management
We’re on a mission to help combat false news and misinformation. This project works to improve the quality and credibility of information that millions of people see every day on social media. We urgently need Tagalog and English speakers to help us with our mission to make social media safer. We pay a competitive hourly rate and guarantee 20 hours of work each week.
Our Social Media Evaluators come from every corner of the world. They’re an amazingly diverse group of individuals - students and professionals, mothers and veterans, teachers and gamers - each with a unique perspective to contribute to this Project.
Appen is the global leader in data for the AI Lifecycle. With more than 25 years of experience in data sourcing, data annotation, and model evaluation, we enable organizations to launch the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems.
By joining to this Project, you’ll not only help make social media safe but also have the opportunity to work on other projects at the forefront of artificial intelligence for the world’s largest technology companies.
The role of a Social Media Evaluator is to review posts, comments, videos, or images and assess their credibility (e.g. about politics, the economy, COVID19). Working part-time from home, you will check newsfeeds and search results using a specialized tool from Appen and provide ratings and information about the content that you see.
What to expect when you register:
- Create an Appen Account
- Choose Tagalog / English (Philippines) as your primary language
- Complete your profile and project registration [5 min]
- Study the provided guidelines [at your own pace]
- Agree to confidentiality and ways of working rules
- Pass the quiz
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors who speak over 235 languages, in over 70,000 locations and 170 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
You enjoy competitive pay and benefit from having no set work hours or schedules. You will have the flexibility to schedule your hours to fit your lifestyle and to work around your career and family demands. You have the freedom to choose when and how much you would like to work. A diverse, inclusive culture is vital to our mission of helping build better AI. We offer opportunities for individuals of all abilities and backgrounds.
• Strong written and spoken English, and Tagalog language skills
• Familiarity using social media. No other experience is necessary.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• You must be eligible to work within the country you reside in Philippines
• A personal computer
• High-speed internet connection (Cable Modem, Fiber, DSL, etc.)
• You will be required to work 20 hours consistently each week. You can choose which days and times suit you.
• All candidates are required to take and pass a short quiz after reading some guidelines. You’ll have two chances to retake the quiz if needed.