We are looking for an Acceleration Program Manager who would support NEXEA’s Managing Partner daily in the operations and execution of our 5-month accelerator program for Startup founders, and in the sourcing and selecting of the top startups from around the nation.
What You Will Do
As Program Manager, you will be responsible for planning and executing the NEXEA accelerator programs which help startups learn about the market and expand their business quickly. We think of the participating startups as our customer and your main goal as the program manager is to make sure they’re satisfied with their experience and reach their goals.
• Partner with Managing Partner to develop the program details, and then own the overall responsibility for the successful execution of the program
• Ensure program is following best practices and executing upon outlined content and curriculum of the NEXEA playbook and delivering the best possible experience for all involved
• Own the overall logistics and programming of the program, including calendar management (mentors, speakers, and events)
• Track quality, operational execution, and customer success metrics.
• Manage relationships with mentors, investors, corporate partners, and visiting delegations
• Engage with founders, mentors, and investors to ensure the successful execution of programs
• Represent NEXEA in the local ecosystem
• Work with the NEXEA team and network: mentor new PMs, assist in other programs, work on strategic initiatives, and develop meaningful and beneficial relationships across the NEXEA ecosystem
• Create and manage promotions - ads, events and other marketing activities to promote the accelerator
• Work with a team to run events regularly - venue sourcing, catering, invitation
• Business Development - Support the Managing Partner in identifying, conducting outreach to and negotiating with local and international sponsors/partners/clients, in accordance with the business development objectives
You are a people-person that like to work with multiple stakeholders and to ensure their success. You are the most well-organised person you know! Ensuring everything is on track and on time is your strength. You must be familiar with running events and programs.
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• 3-7 years of experience working at a startup or accelerator program or in a similar role at a larger organization
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Experience in startup entrepreneurship, product & business development
• Knowledge and interest in emerging technologies and the startup ecosystem
• Proven ability to interact with executive leaders
• Flexibility to work some weekends, evenings, and travel on occasion
• Ability to operate independently but also as a team
• Proven record of operating effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent cross-group collaboration skills
• Experience in leading and managing programs and events
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, keeping the focus on execution and delivering results consistently (project management and organizational skills)
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills
Venture Capital (VC) & Accelerator
in Malaysia & Southeast Asia
Venture capital (VC) and Accelerator for early stage Startups looking for startup funding. We focus on delivering not only capital but also the best-in-class support via our exclusive and top-tier mentors, experts, and partners.
Our mission is to match the best startups with the best investors and corporates to grow future technology giants.
NEXEA is known for its mentors who are successful ex-entrepreneurs, or C-levels who own or have sold (IPO, M&A) their businesses. We believe that they are the best people to mentor and guide the next generation of business owners.